Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm worried I'm not fit enough....

One thing that I hear a lot from a variety of different people, whether in general enquiries or in the warmup before a session is ...
I'm really worried that I won't be able to keep up because I'm not fit enough...


So... isn't that exactly why you're joining in?

There is definitely an innate fear that people will feel foolish or be too unfit when starting something new. The thing is..we've all been there, we all had to start somewhere... and that's why you've taken the first steps into rectifying the situation. Big pat on the back for that!

The main piece of advice I can give is...just join in, do your best, if you have to stop and catch your breath..do so...then get going again, and in a few weeks time you'll look back and wonder what you were so scared about.

No comments: